Friday, July 31, 2009

I changed my mind...

I've said it before...I over analyze EVERYTHING. Especially when it comes to something for me. "Do I really need it? Couldn't I use that money for something else or for someone else?" I was no different when it came to my wedding dress. I had the damn thing picked out and paid for. It was set and that decision was made and it was time to move on to other things for the wedding. Then I started watching those stupid bridal shows on tv. The dress I originally chose was very simple and was almost a "slip dress". It didn't have a petticoat or anything underneath other than a thin slip. With every "full skirt" dress I saw on tv the more I questioned my decision of my dress. Each time I was able to remind myself why I chose the original dress and talk myself out of the "full skirt". It didn't work on Monday. While babysitting my nephew for a few hours I started watching the WE channel which we all know is pretty much wedding central. Long story short, I call my mom and tell her to meet me at David's Bridal after work. My sister in law came home, packed her bag, loaded Aiden in the car and we took off for the store. (Erin wasn't having a good day. It would have been completely selfish if I had asked her to come to the store too. She needed to be with Brandon.) I put on the original dress, then pulled out the other two that were contenders last time. Both full skirts, simple, no beading, one a halter and one strapless. I put the strapless on first then I put the halter on. I'll go ahead and tell you, the halter has a flower on it. If you know me at all you will know that I HATE things like that. I love flowers, but I do NOT like them as personal accessories. On other people they are cute. I just don't want to have to deal with them! I picked the halter with the flower. It was comfortable and the most flattering on me. I felt like a bride and honestly, a bit of a princess. It only cost me $50 more and I can pick it up in two weeks!!! While this was teh favorite of several people, I didn't pick it for that reason. I am a HUGE people pleaser, but this time I did it for me. I love the way it feels and the way I look. I know I probably said that about the other one, but I haven't once questioned this decision. If I'm not questioning it then I know I've made the right decision.

We found the bridesmaid dresses in the most unusual place. Knowing that we had to be budget conscious limited our choices, but I wasn't about to break from the budget. I could NOT ask the girls to pay for something that was WELL out of their price range. They tried on several dresses at David's Bridal and in the end we left empty handed. What was in our price range didn't look good on everyone and I wasn't going to make someone where something that looked horrible on them. We went to Alfred Angelo, formerly Bride's Mart, and walked out of there laughing to ourselves. They are WAY to proud of their stuff. Then my mom suggests Dress Barn. All 5 of us girls looked at her like she was crazy, but to appease her we went in. There is was...in all it's glory. Short (knee length) black with ivory rooshing(sp?) at the empire waist and adorable. It was perfect! Lisa's little belly was absolutely darling in it, Raquel's boobs were nicely "contained", and Taren looked beautiful! They all did! Then we found a special dress for Erin. Black with lace on the upper bodice. She looked gorgeous and she was comfy. Her bump will fit perfectly in it! Now, my colors were red and ivory, but this dress changed it a bit. The only black you will see is the girl's dresses and the guys pants. The dresses were $60! No altering needed and take home ready! Moms are so smart! I made sure my sister in law brought her's with us when we changed my dress on Monday. The dress still looks great with my dress!

We should be done with the invitations this weekend. They HAVE to be mailed on Monday. I printed them last night at my mom's and should be working on the knots, but haven't gotten that far. I found the shirts for the guys and they were only $15! Now to get the center pieces started. I have a couple of jewelry shows coming up so that will hopefully help with that expense. I think at this point the hard stuff is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment